MINNEAPOLIS and BUDAPEST, Hungary; Aug. 3, 2010 – Wizz Air, Central and Eastern Europe’s largest low cost airline, has renewed its agreement with Navitaire for its distribution, reservation, and departure control services to support its high-growth business plans over the next 10 years. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Navitaire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture (NYSE: ACN), provides technology and business solutions to the airline industry on an outsourced basis.
Wizz Air, which just celebrated its sixth anniversary, is on course to become one of the largest airlines in Europe with plans to introduce in excess of 100 aircraft in the next seven years. In the past 12 months, Wizz Air carried more than 8.7 million passengers, which represents more than 30 percent growth year-over-year.
Navitaire’s reservation solution is a comprehensive airline passenger sales and management solution providing integrated Internet booking, call center reservations, connectivity to travel agency systems, inter-airline and alliance code-share services, customer self-service integration, real-time reporting, ancillary revenue generation, airport check-in and departure control. The modular solution is designed to serve all airline business models.
Wizz Air chose Navitaire to help strengthen its reputation as a regional leader and retain its position as one of the industry’s lowest operational cost structure airlines. Navitaire solutions will help support key pillars of Wizz Air’s success, enabling it to:
- Expand its strong ancillary revenue performance through integrated offers of travel add-on services beginning with a customer’s initial booking through day-of-flight experience;
- Rely on proven world class customer-centric passenger reservation solutions to facilitate growth in existing markets and to enter new territories in the years to come
- Reduce distribution costs to industry leading levels to remain competitive in an extremely price- sensitive market place;
- Use technology to continually deliver innovative services throughout the customer journey, and to keep flying affordable for travelers;
- Stimulate travel and customer loyalty through innovative fare sales and marketing campaigns, and to effectively compete with other means of transport;
- Support its value-driven business approach to maintain business resilience during good times or when facing challenges.
“Through hard work combined with leading technology, Wizz Air has become a dominant force in the region and a major player across Europe in just six years,” said Zsolt Csernák, head of IT at Wizz Air. “Navitaire’s proven solutions have facilitated our aggressive growth strategy, helped us drive ancillary revenue generation across a range of sales channels and supported our goal to keep unit costs as well as fares low. These same elements will underpin our future success.”
“Wizz Air’s strong performance exemplifies its prowess in attracting loyal customers and building market leadership,” said John Dabkowski, Navitaire managing director. “The company’s dedication to delivering innovative, value-oriented services will help sustain its high growth model as Wizz further expands its footprint. With our technology designed to help Wizz nimbly respond to business opportunities and remain resilient in today’s dynamic market conditions, we believe the Wizz Air team has the tools to continue to create a bright future.”
About Wizz Air
Wizz Air carried 8.7 million passengers in the last 12 months. The airline’s fleet currently consists of 34 Airbus A320 aircraft operating from 12 bases in Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.
) delivers industry-leading technology services that enable growth, profitability and innovation to more than 70 airlines worldwide, including many of the world’s most successful airlines. Navitaire offers a full suite of proven solutions focused on revenue generation and streamlining costs in the areas of reservations, ancillary sales, distribution, planning, revenue management, revenue accounting, business intelligence and operations management and recovery. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, Navitaire has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.