NEW YORK; July 19, 2010 -- Accenture (NYSE: ACN) today announced that independent analyst firm Gartner, Inc. has recognized Accenture as the 2009 EMEA market share and revenue leader in Western Europe in three critical solution categories: billing systems support (BSS), operations systems support (OSS) and service delivery platform (SDP).
The Accenture ranking was reported in Gartner’s report entitled “Market Share: Telecom Operations Management Systems (BSS, OSS and SDP), EMEA, 2007-2009,”by Martina Kurth, Kamlesh Bhatia and Norbert Scholz, 30 April 2010. This Gartner study ranks the top 50 telecom operations management system vendors in EMEA, focusing on business systems support, operations systems support, and service delivery platform.
“BSS, OSS, and SDP will continue to be the heart of any communications providers operations, providing the critical foundation for new, high-speed broadband networks, which are enabling a broader range of innovative services and content,” said Angelo Morelli, Global Executive Director, New Product Development and Innovation, Accenture’s Communications and High Tech Group. “Today, traditional providers are working to transform their operations and platforms to serve consumers’ emerging needs and preferences, while new providers are jockeying for position to become the new providers of choice.”
Key consulting technologies that Accenture provides include:
- Converged billing systems, designed to enable providers to address the increasing complexity of pricing models and revenue sharing to support new products and services roadmaps which require more real-time integration with the network, service platforms, and marketing;
- Workforce management solutions that enable organizations to increase productivity, market share, and shareholder value by ensuring that they have the right people, with the right skills in the right role;
- SDP, which delivers a common way to create, provision, and execute multiple service types across different types of networks, and data center operations processing and hosting;
- Provisioning and activation solutions, which provide communications companies with end-to-end service fulfillment capabilities, including order entry, service and network design and provisioning, third-party provisioning, service test and activation and customer-facing order management; and
- Inventory management solutions, which help companies track and manage their telecom assets through a central repository of all fixed and wireless, and voice and data networking assets across the service providers. Obtaining an accurate view of the network assets and services deployed by the service providers is particularly critical for optimized telco operations, from network design and build to capacity planning, service creation, provisioning and service assurance.
Fueling technological growth through innovation, Accenture’s award-winning SDP solution utilizes Web 2.0 technology to promote the ultimate open and collaborative environment for providing the infrastructure and common business functions that can drive high performance. It helps providers to create, deliver and manage a wide range of products and services for consumers and enterprises more quickly, and at lower cost and risk.
This award-winning SDP solution, combined with other Accenture services, including online care, self-service, data processing, and hosting solutions and services, provide the foundation for companies looking to build an efficient, profitable and customer- centric consumer delivery platform.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 190,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.58 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2009. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
# # #
(973) 301-1260 (office)
(973) 216-7036 (mobile)