Fjord Trends 2020 highlights seven emerging trends expected to shape the business of experience
2019 has been a year of climate crisis activism, Big Tech accountability, the booms and busts of the gig economy, and the commitment of 181 top CEOs to redefine the Statement of Purpose of a Corporation. Changing mindsets, accelerated by rising digital adoption, have reached the C-suite, forcing leaders to reconsider the very principles their organizations are built on. The report notes that economics and politics, capitalism and resources, and technology and society have long been entwined, but only now have the consequences of their entanglement burst into the public consciousness.
Read Fjord Trends 2020
“Protests about capitalism’s trajectory of endless growth defined by profit alone are moving from shouting in the streets to conversations in the boardroom. With this comes an imperative to find new ways to measure growth,” said Mark Curtis, co-founder and chief client officer at Fjord. “These new values may change how we perceive the meaning of business in the decade ahead. One thing is clear: winners will be those organizations with sustainable business models and a long-term view of themselves and their impact on the world.”
Brian Whipple, CEO, Accenture Interactive added: “We’re starting to see our clients reorienting towards purposeful transformation. The decade ahead will see a challenging of fundamentals, which provides an opportunity for businesses to transform their offerings into something more mindful, meaningful and forward-thinking. The shift from a ‘me’ to a ‘we’ mindset will prompt a need for design to switch from a user-centered to a life-centered approach.”
This is Fjord’s 13th annual look at the future of business, technology and design
Fjord Trends 2020 examines seven emerging trends expected to shape the business of experience and provides practical advice on how organizations can embrace the new era ahead.
- Many faces of growth: Capitalism is facing a mid-life crisis. Success no longer solely equates to growth and organizations must start reassessing corporate purpose and recalibrate how they see their role in the world around them.
- Money changers: How we perceive money and pay for things is rapidly changing. These tectonic shifts create numerous opportunities for a host of new products and players.
- Walking barcodes: Our physical bodies are becoming as trackable as our digital selves. When it comes to facial and body recognition technology, what is the trade-off between privacy and convenience?
- Liquid people: Consumption habits are changing as people perceive and define their identity in ever more liquid ways. Considerable opportunity exists in providing new experiences of consuming.
- Designing intelligence: The human experience is growing increasingly complex. The next step for AI is to move beyond automation to designing systems that blend human and artificial intelligence and enhance the interplay between both.
- Digital doubles: Make way for your digital double who works for you and knows what you want. Digital twins are evolving beyond industry and into our daily lives.
- Life-centered design: The focus of desirability, viability, and feasibility is moving from “me” to “we.” Can design extend beyond its own ecosystem, shifting from a user-centered to a life-centered approach?
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 492,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Interactive drives sustainable growth for clients by creating meaningful Experiences that live at the intersection of purpose and innovation. In helping leading brands design, build and run Experiences across the entire journey — be it for a customer, employee, patient or citizen —Accenture Interactive leverages deep capabilities across three core offerings: New Propositions, Products and Services; Marketing, Content and Engagement; and Experience Platforms. Accenture Interactive is ranked the world’s largest digital agency in the latest Ad Age Agency Report, for the fourth year in a row, and was named a 2019 Most Innovative Company in Advertising by Fast Company. To learn more, follow us @AccentureSong and visit www.accentureinteractive.com.
+1 646 456 4505
Copyright © 2019 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture and its logo are trademarks of Accenture.