June 14, 2017
Accenture Sets Goal to Achieve Gender Balanced Workforce by 2025
NEW YORK; June 14, 2017 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) today announced that it will achieve a gender-balanced workforce, with 50 percent women and 50 percent men, by 2025.
“Diversity makes our business stronger and more innovative and, most important, it makes the world a better place,” said Pierre Nanterme, Accenture’s chairman and CEO. “With this new goal, we are sending an important message to our people and our clients confirming our commitment to a gender-balanced workforce.”
Currently, Accenture has 150,000 women, nearly 40 percent of its global workforce. Over the past several years the company has set milestones on the path to gender equality. These include:
- Setting a goal to reach 40 percent women new hires by 2017 – and achieving it a year early
- Promoting its largest percentage of women to the managing director level in 2016 (30 percent)
- Growing its percentage of women managing directors to 25 percent globally by 2020
Accenture has taken a number of steps to attract, retain, advance and sponsor women on its path to achieving a gender balanced workforce, including:
- Sponsoring the company’s most senior women to advance in P&L roles. Since its inception six years ago, approximately 80 percent of the women in the global executive leadership program have been promoted or have significantly expanded their areas of responsibility.
- Delivering on a commitment to transparency. The company has set and published clear, measurable targets to grow its number of women, and has published its workforce demographics in many countries including the U.S., Canada, South Africa, Japan, India and ASEAN countries.
- Launching initiatives that provide women with in-demand skills. For example, the company’s Women in Technology program helps fast-track the careers of high-performing women toward the position of Technical Architect, a high-demand and short-supply role.
- Collaborating across business and government to further gender equality in the workplace, with commitments that include the White House Equal Pay Pledge, Paradigm for Parity, and Catalyst CEO Champions for Change.
For more, visit: accenture.com/gettingtoequal
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 401,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
# # #
+ 1 917 452 6561