NEW YORK; August 25, 2015 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named to the ’Winner’s Circle’ of HfS Research’s Blueprint Report for Procurement As-a-Service. Accenture is positioned as the overall leader in the report which assessed 18 major procurement outsourcing providers based on excellence in both execution and innovation.
The report focuses on the ability of providers to deliver Procurement As-a-Service, with nearly half of the Blueprint scoring tied to proven innovation capability and performance. As the leader, Accenture is recognized for its ability to deliver more modular, integrated, technology-based As-a-Service solutions.
“Accenture is positioned at the leading edge of procurement outsourcing delivery with a wide breadth of capabilities,” said Phil Fersht, CEO and founder, HfS Research. ”Having successfully integrated As-a-Service capabilities, Accenture is able to deliver substantial business value beyond cost to its clients and it has a clear vision for the evolution of procurement outsourcing in the future.”
In naming Accenture a leader, HfS cited the following Accenture strengths:
- Successful Procurian Integration: Accenture has successfully integrated its legacy Procurement Outsourcing, Procurement Consulting, and Ariba Services and Procurian acquisitions over the last several years to transform the business.
- Excellent Account Management: Clients expressed great satisfaction with account management leads emphasizing the simplicity of doing business with such a large organization.
- Strategic Sourcing and Category Management: Accenture leads the market in the breadth, depth and sophistication of its strategic sourcing and category management capabilities with innovative specializations in fields such as energy sourcing.
- Contract Management: Accenture was highlighted for its innovation in aligning legal and contract support resources to procurement outsourcing delivery teams. It has reduced the sourcing cycle times for clients resulting in more rapid compliance and minimized rogue spend.
- As-a-Service Capabilities: By advocating an As-a-Service approach to Procurement Outsourcing, Accenture clients can select the skills and technology needed to more effectively integrate into their retaining procurement functions.
The findings of the HfS Blueprint report were based on weightages determined by more than 1,100 crowd-sourced responses from a broad range of stakeholders, including enterprise BPO service buyers, service providers, industry influencers and HfS analysts.
The HfS Research Blueprint Report for Procurement As-a-Service can be accessed here.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 336,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$30.0 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2014. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
About HfS Research
HfS Research is the leading independent global analyst authority and knowledge community for the business and IT services industry. HfS serves the research and strategy needs of business and IT operations leaders across finance, supply chain, human resources, marketing, customer management, and core industry functions. HfS provides detailed and thoughtful analyst coverage of the various areas that impact successful business outcomes, namely, process automation and outsourcing, global business services frameworks, mobility, analytics, and social collaboration. HfS also focuses heavily on talent acquisition, development, and motivation strategies. HfS applies its acclaimed crowdsourced Blueprint Methodology TM to evaluate the performance of service providers in terms of innovating and then executing against those business outcomes.
Now in its seventh year of publication, HfS Research’s acclaimed blog “Horses for Sources” is widely recognized as the leading destination for unfettered collective insight, research, and open debate about sourcing industry issues and developments. Its home page is www.hfsresearch.com.
+ 1 415 537 5032