Offerings enable providers to build new digital networks faster, sell new services, and improve customer experiences and satisfaction
NEW YORK; Feb. 16, 2016 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has launched four new digital network offerings designed to give communications service providers (CSPs) a competitive edge by enabling them to build new networks faster and more easily, sell more services in more markets, improve customer experiences, and reduce service and network costs.
The four offerings are:
- Digital Network Deployment Services – which help providers economically and easily deploy network services such as fourth- and fifth-generation wireless technologies, as well as fiber optics, to consumers’ homes.
- Service Experience Engineering and Management Services – which improve customer experiences by making mobile applications easier to use and delivering more-personalized, feature-rich services to network devices.
- Field Installation and Repair Services Transformation – which enables communications service providers to leverage performance analytics, advanced triage management in a command center structure that combines with field force management, on-site diagnostic applications on mobile devices to improve the overall customer experience.
- Next Generation Enterprise Services – which enable providers to transition to software-based networks, develop network managed services, evaluate current services being offered, and recommend services to sell in the future.
“The entire communications industry is quickly shifting toward all-digital networks,” said Gene Reznik, group technology officer of Accenture’s Communications, Media & Technology operating group. “Our new offerings make it possible for providers to accelerate and capitalize on this digital transformation so they can compete more effectively and offer their customers new and differentiated services – delivered how and when their customers want them. One of the main challenges in any transformation is managing cost and capital expenditure while continuing to serve customers with high-value services.”
The new offerings address a growing urgency among CSPs to actively migrate to digital networks, as evidenced in the 2015 Accenture Network Transformation Survey. The survey is based on interviews with 32 senior executives at communications service providers. The organizations contacted for the survey represent the full spectrum of the industry with one third having revenues of $1B to $5B, one third having revenues of $6B to $20B and one third having revenues in excess of $20B. The survey found that:
- 80 percent of CSPs executives interviewed consider the significant impact of network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defining networking (SDN) on their operating model
- 50 percent will invest in NFV/SDN for their data center and mobile core
- 50 percent of CSPs in the survey have a target date for closing legacy infrastructure, yet 75 percent lack the expertise and will require outside help; and
- 60 percent of network directors want to focus on active migration, yet 38 percent lack the execution capacity for active migration
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
+ 1 408 817 2173
North of Nine
+ 1 212 614 4331