New applications support pricing, risk management, credit collection, energy trading and workforce planning decisions
NEW YORK: Nov. 12, 2015 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is launching five advanced analytics applications for the resources industries, which include utilities, oil and gas, chemicals and metals and mining companies, to enable insight-driven decision making for improved business outcomes. The new analytics applications are designed to support pricing, risk management, energy trading, credit collection, and workforce planning decisions.
For Utilities, Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Metals and Mining Companies
- Workforce Management – Optimizes the workforce planning and management process by forecasting the time to execute work activity and the number of incoming calls at a call center, and recommending the optimal number of workers needed in the field or on the job daily.
- Cross-Border Trading Optimization – Simulates and evaluates the prices of gas, oil, power and more in different markets and time zones, providing portfolio managers and traders with insights that can help them to choose the best buy and sell options for each day and improve their profitability.
- Credit Collection – Supports the credit collection process by recommending a debt recovery plan for individual customers, the preferred channels to reach them, and next best actions to perform for the customer such as a discount.
- Energy Fraud Detection – Provides fraud risk scores to any event, helping companies to identify risks or improper behavior that could result in losses.
- Pricing – Estimates the price for an energy sales offering in real-time considering the expected company margins, commodity price and pricing fees.
“Companies in the resources industries are seeking immediate access to the tools that can help them to make data-driven decisions and solve complex business issues,” said Kausar Qazilbash, managing director, Accenture Analytics – Resources Industry Lead. “Developed specifically with the resources companies in mind, the new advanced analytics applications can help a business become insight-driven across a variety of its organizations, from sales to risk management to resource planning. As more effective decisions are being made at a swift pace, a new data-driven culture and a competitive advantage will follow suit.”
Accenture’s large suite of advanced analytics applications also includes solutions for the telecommunications, retail, and financial services industries. In addition to Accenture’s ready-made analytics applications, custom applications can also be created to meet a company’s specific needs. Depending on the amount of customization needed – for example, fully configuring to a company’s exact operational work flow process and precise user requirements – applications can be ready for use in approximately one week to 60 days.
Accenture’s advanced analytics applications can be run through the Accenture Insights Platform or on their own. Launched in July 2015, the Accenture Insights Platform is a cloud-based, end-to-end analytics-as-a-service solution comprised of an integrated suite of leading technologies, consumption-based commercial arrangements, and enterprise support.
Additional details on the Accenture Analytics Application Platform and existing advanced analytics applications can be found here and videos can be found here.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 358,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Analytics, part of Accenture Digital, delivers insight-driven outcomes at scale to help organizations improve their performance. With deep industry, functional, business process and technical experience, Accenture Analytics develops innovative consulting and outsourcing services for clients to help ensure they receive returns on their analytics investments. Accenture also offers analytics platforms that can drive data-driven decisions: the Accenture Insights Platform – a cloud-based, end-to-end analytics solution designed to deliver real-time actionable insights – and the Accenture Analytics Applications Platform – a scalable platform that develops industry- and function-specific advanced analytics applications that are reusable, configurable and adaptable to meet the needs of each unique company and its individual users. For more information follow us @ISpeakAnalytics and visit www.accenture.com/analytics.
+ 1 917 452 0127