MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS AMERICAS, LOS ANGELES; Sept. 14, 2018 – To help accelerate the deployment of 5G network technology, Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has launched a new set of services for communications service providers (CSPs), network operators, device manufacturers and non-traditional mobile network operators – such as multiple-system operators, internet software and platform players and over-the-top content suppliers.
Accenture worked closely with leading companies across all areas of the communications industry to define the primary challenges slowing down 5G deployment. The most common of these include: spectrum planning and feasibility, use cases and new business models, device strategy, network deployment management and operational complexity.
To help the industry address these challenges, Accenture has created 5G Acceleration Services, which will initially focus on:
- 5G strategy, use cases, and business models
- Device innovation
- Network deployment approach
- Architectural and platform innovation
As part of the initiative, Accenture has created a set of specific capabilities to help deploy 5G successfully. These include, among others:
- 5G Assessment Tool: This tool helps clients score and determine their readiness across all aspects of 5G, including spectrum position in high-, medium- and low-ranges; core business strengths and “DNA”; monetizable use cases and strategy; device partnerships and network deployment capability; and organizational tools and structure.
- Methodology and Business Strategy for 5G Use Cases: Strategic services to help clients create agile business models, form targeted and robust ecosystems, while seeking new capabilities that impact competitive agility.
- Strategy for Device Innovation: Helping to create a 5G post-smartphone device strategy, leveraging Accenture’s wireless technology expertise, experience building smartphones and consumer electronics, broad industry partnerships, geographic diversity and experience in embedded software development.
- Network Deployment Acceleration: Helping clients accelerate the execution of their 5G network build and deployment activities by providing an analytics-driven intelligent command center approach and capability to support end-to-end coordination, process and data optimization, partner management, and workforce management.
- Network Operation and Maintenance: Helping to create a new operating model to enable the next generation of network architecture evolution while leveraging network vitalization, analytics, automation and artificial intelligence to simplify and streamline operations and activities across the day-to-day management of the network.
“Accenture 5G Acceleration Services provides our clients with a framework and a set of analytics powered tools to help ensure they’re making the right investments in the right areas,” said Jefferson Wang, managing director, Accenture Strategy, Communications, Media & Technology. “The new services will help clients create their 5G vision and start their journey to make it a reality.”
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 449,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture’s network practice provides consulting and technology services to help telecommunications operators accelerate the deployment of next generation networks, launch digital services and optimize network operations. Please visit www.accenture.com/network.
Accenture Strategy operates at the intersection of business and technology. We bring together our capabilities in business, technology, operations and function strategy to help our clients envision and execute industry-specific strategies that support enterprise wide transformation. Our focus on issues related to digital disruption, competitiveness, global operating models, talent and leadership help drive both efficiencies and growth. For more information, follow @AccentureStrat or visit www.accenture.com/strategy.
+44 7825 023 622