April 23, 2014
Accenture Introduces Predictive Health Intelligence Solutions to Help Life Sciences Companies Improve Patient and Economic Outcomes
New analytics-enabled solutions help life sciences companies build evidence-driven business models
NEW YORK; April 23, 2014 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has launched Predictive Health Intelligence, a comprehensive set of analytics solutions to help global life sciences companies determine the precise combination of treatments and services that can lead to better patient, provider, and economic outcomes.
Accenture’s Predictive Health Intelligence enables life sciences companies to identify, aggregate and analyze data from disparate entities, including patients, payers, providers, governments, pharmaceutical and medical devices companies. This data-driven approach can help life sciences companies leverage better insights for determining which combination of services and treatments improve patient outcomes as well as the quality and affordability of health care.
“By combining Accenture’s extensive experience in life sciences and health care with the most advanced cloud technologies and data science capabilities, we have built a set of innovative solutions that provides our clients with a deeper understanding of all facets of patient care,” said Anne O’Riordan, global industry managing director for Accenture’s Life Sciences practice. “With this deeper understanding, companies can take specific actions to raise the quality of care, improve care coordination and apply this approach over a longer period than a single moment of care. These are all key priorities for the industry.”
Accenture’s Predictive Health Intelligence solutions help life sciences companies develop evidence-driven business models to deliver the best possible patient results for target populations by:
- Creating a more comprehensive data- and insight-driven picture of the patient experience to identify care gaps and barriers.
- Developing a holistic set of services that addresses these gaps and barriers to improve patient access to care and the effectiveness of treatments.
- Rapidly measuring the effectiveness of these solutions so that real-time adjustments can be made to continually improve the patient experience.
- Informing clinical research based on the gaps and barriers identified in patient needs and populations.
- Operating these new capabilities as an integrated cloud-enabled service.
- Explorys: Provides a big data analytics platform aggregating de-identified information from millions of patients to measure the effectiveness of different treatment approaches and generate insights into prospective solutions to improve quality and outcomes.
- Liaison Technologies: Provides the big data technology platform to integrate, harmonize, manage and secure critical clinical and life sciences data in the cloud.
- Predixion Software: Provides the only predictive analytics platform that simplifies and expedites the entire predictive process to get actionable predictive insights embedded into existing enterprise software applications. On July 8, 2013, Accenture made a strategic investment in Predixion Software to jointly develop advanced industry and process-specific analytics solutions.
A recent survey by Accenture’s Life Sciences practice – Why Pharma Companies Can’t Ignore Patient Services – indicates there is significant opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to become more engaged with the patients they treat and better understand how to deliver an improved patient outcome. According to the survey findings, the vast majority of patients (76 percent) don’t just want patient services from pharmaceutical companies; they expect these services. And, 74 percent of patients surveyed said that outreach by pharmaceutical companies to patients should be initiated as soon as patients start taking a medication.
Predictive Health Intelligence is Accenture’s latest in a range of new solutions for the life sciences industry. Accenture announced in July of 2013 Accenture Accelerated R&D Services, a business service focused on delivering streamlined and integrated research and development functions that help pharmaceutical companies bring new medicines to patients using a more collaborative and efficient approach. Click here to learn more about Accenture Accelerated R&D Services.
To learn more about Accenture’s Life Sciences Predictive Health Intelligence, click here.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$28.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2013. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Accenture Analytics, part of Accenture Digital, delivers insight-driven outcomes at scale to help organizations improve their performance. With deep industry, functional, business process and technical experience, Accenture Analytics develops innovative consulting and outsourcing services for clients to help ensure they receive returns on their analytics investments. For more information follow us @ISpeakAnalytics and visit www.accenture.com/analytics.
# # #
+ 312 693 5992