Accenture Payments-Platform-as-a-Service Solution built on D+H Global PAYplus® Software
The new Payments-Platform-as-a-Service solution from Accenture and D+H will help industrialize payments processing by centralizing, automating and simplifying how payments are processed, addressing compliance with changing regulations and providing access to innovations, such as immediate payments and blockchain technology. The platform combines Accenture’s world-class systems integration, application maintenance and IT operations capabilities with D+H’s market-leading payments software. UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions selected Accenture through a competitive bid process; they signed a contract through which Accenture will implement and manage the service, with the first release scheduled in Austria. After roll-out in Austria, UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions intends to expand the implementation of the solution to other geographies, such as Italy and Germany.
“We are pleased to be the first client of Accenture’s Payments-Platform-as-a-Service solution, which brings together leading industry experience and capabilities from Accenture with D+H’s cutting-edge software; we believe this is an innovative solution that will enable us to better manage costs while delivering faster payments services for our clients,” said Daniele Savarè, head of PL Payments, UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions.
The vast majority of UniCredit’s business requirements will be covered by the out-of-the-box version of the solution, requiring minimal customization. The Group will benefit from the pay-per-use solution, including:
- Transformation and consolidation of its payments processing technology. The platform is capable of meeting current and future regulatory requirements and market standards, and will reduce the complexity and resources required to meet and comply with these requirements and standards.
- Increased straight-through processing (STP) rates. The platform will provide reduced operational risk and significantly less manual efforts.
- Scalability. The platform will provide a scalable base to fulfill future growth and expansions. UniCredit will immediately benefit from additional volume.
- Immediate and sustained cost reductions. The pay-per-use model will help keep long-term IT costs low and provides for a lower cost implementation.
- Future proof. The platform, supported by D+H’s payment processing hub, will meet the requirements of changing regulations and innovations, such as immediate payments and blockchain. Clients will also have easy access to the unmatched variety of local clearing connections, schemes and formats that D+H supports.
“With the increase of payment types, channels and volumes, payments technology has become mission-critical for financial institutions and corporates, and UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions will benefit from this new PPaaS solution,” said Chris Zingo, group head, sales & account management, Global Payments Solutions, D+H. “D+H expects that other banks will follow suit and is already seeing interest in the market, as banks begin to realize that a centralized model will drive down payments transaction costs and relieve the burden of infrastructure maintenance.”
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
D+H (TSX: DH) is a leading financial technology provider that the world’s financial institutions rely on every day to help them grow and succeed. Our global payments, lending and financial solutions are trusted by nearly 8,000 banks, specialty lenders, community banks, credit unions, governments and corporations. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, D+H has more than 5,500 employees worldwide who are passionate about partnering with clients to create forward-thinking solutions that fit their needs. With annual revenues in excess of $1.5 billion, D+H is recognized as one of the world’s top FinTech companies on IDC Financial Insights FinTech Rankings and American Banker’s FinTech Forward rankings. For more information, visit dh.com.
+ 44 7557 866901
+ 1 917 286 1053