LONDON; Aug. 9, 2016 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been positioned in the “Winner’s Circle” and ranked as the leader in execution of the inaugural HfS Research 2016 Energy Operations Blueprint. Accenture’s position among the 13 energy operations service providers assessed was based on excellence, recognized by clients, in the key categories of innovation and execution.
The report analyzed how well providers met clients’ needs in business process outsourcing (BPO), information technology outsourcing (ITO) and engineering services across the oil and gas value chain in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors. Cross value chain BPO, engineering and ITO services were also evaluated. Higher performers like Accenture best incorporated the eight ideals of the burgeoning As a Service economy, which represents a flexible, outcome-focused way of engaging and managing resources to deliver services.
“Our market-leading position is a testament to our broad industry expertise and ability to collaboratively engage with clients, aligning with business needs and delivering outcomes through As-A Service offerings, as we help them navigate volatile oil and gas prices,” said Andrew Smart, managing director, Accenture energy industry group. “We believe Accenture is best positioned to do this due to our innovative portfolio of services and technologies, including intelligent automation, digital services, cybersecurity and cloud-enabled Industrial Internet of Things technologies. We remain committed to continually innovate and expand our capabilities, leveraging new technologies to provide value and enable enhanced business performance.”
Accenture was commended in the report for its strong domain expertise and consulting-led global energy hubs that showcase digital technologies and inspiration for clients. Also recognized were Accenture’s managed security operations centers and multiple services in an As-A-Service model, including its digital turnaround analytics solution, which drives significant cost and schedule performance improvements. Accenture’s agile skill sourcing and deep domain expertise in energy operations, automation in BPO service delivery and alliance partner ecosystems were also cited.
“Accenture has tremendous breadth and depth in its capabilities and experience serving the oil and gas industry,” said Derk Erbé, Research Vice-President, Supply chain, Procurement and Energy for HfS Research, The Services Research CompanyTM. “The company’s commitment to innovation in technology and service delivery and bringing digital platforms to the industry make it one of the leading service providers in the move to the As-a-Service Economy.”
Additional Accenture strengths highlighted in the report include:
- Investments In Energy Operations Services and Talent: Accenture Operations has significantly invested in innovation in energy operations services and industry talent. Clients with whom HfS Research spoke were impressed by the deep talent Accenture brings to engagements.
- Extensive Use of Intelligent Automation in Energy Operations BPO Service Delivery: Accenture Operations also has invested in technology and automation to drive the As-a-Service evolution, adding descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to the business processes.
- Significant progress in The Move to As-a-Service: Accenture has set up digital centers to help oil and gas clients envision future opportunities in digital operations that improve operational efficiency and agility through As-A-Service contracting models.
- Integration of Consulting, BPO and Technology in Oil & Gas: The energy industry group offers Assets and Operations Services connecting workers, assets and operations. Capital Project Services, together with Strategy, Consulting, Digital, Technology and Operations groups provide industry specific services from their area of expertise.
- Investment in Industry Specific Capabilities: Acquisitions like SBC and Cimation have added substantial industry expertise in areas including strategy consulting, the Industrial Internet of Things, process automation, asset analytics and cyber security.
The HfS Energy Operations Blueprint Report can be accessed here.
More information about Accenture’s services to the energy industry can be accessed here.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 375,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
+ 1 281 900 9089
+ 44 755 784 9009