April 11, 2022
Accenture Recognized as a Top 10 Great Place to Work® in Six Countries
Ranked Sixth in the United States on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® List
NEW YORK; April 11, 2022 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been recognized as a top 10 Great Place to Work® for 2022 in six countries, including Argentina, Brazil, France, Japan, the Philippines and the United States, and has also been recognized in Greater China. Specifically, on today’s US list, Accenture jumped 38 spots to rank #6. Overall, this is the 14th consecutive year that Accenture has been recognized by Great Place to Work®.
The list, in partnership with Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® and now in its 25th year, is one of the most respected and comprehensive measures of workplace culture and talent management best practices.
“A great place to work starts with a culture that enables all people to have the opportunity to reach their potential,” said Ellyn Shook, Accenture’s chief leadership & human resources officer. “Our cultural building blocks have served as our foundation for years — our behaviors, our beliefs, how we develop people and how we do business. It is an honor to be recognized on this list because it’s what our people say about their experiences and opportunities that got us here. The breadth of our diversity and the magnitude of our scale is important, but it is each and every one of the 699,000 people at Accenture that makes us a great place to work each and every day.”
A large part of the Great Place to Work® evaluation is based on a confidential survey in which employees assessed the company based on their personal experiences across dimensions like caring, community, justice, pride, leadership behavior and respect. In that survey, nine out of 10 Accenture US employees said Accenture is a great place to work.
Accenture’s commitment to generating 360° Value — defined as achieving financial growth and leading in critical areas like inclusion and diversity, skilling and sustainability — includes delivering on that value for its people. Recently, Accenture launched its 360° Value Reporting Experience to transparently communicate to its people, and all stakeholders, how it is performing in these areas.
In addition, Accenture has made a range of investments in its people, culture and communities:
- Health & Wellness: Building on a robust program to care for its people, Accenture hired its first Chief Health Officer, Dr. Tamarah Duperval-Brownlee, to focus on strategies to support whole health and mental resilience, with equitable access to care at the core. The company also has expanded training and tools, like its Thriving Mind program, to help its people strengthen their resilience and improve overall well-being.
- Inclusion & Diversity: The company continues to make progress toward its 2025 US inclusion and diversity goals, increasing African American, Black, Hispanic American and Latinx representation among its workforce and its leadership. To foster inclusion and belonging, Accenture’s anti-racism training and Building Bridges discussions help educate and create safe spaces to talk about race in the workplace, and vibrant employee resource groups help strengthen the company’s culture of equality.
- Continuous learning: Accenture continues to build on its reputation as a world-class learning organization, focused on skills to help its people remain highly relevant and meet client needs, including investing $900M globally during FY21 in learning and professional development. As a talent creator, skill development is a primary focus in shaping new career pathways within the organization, particularly for Accenture’s Apprenticeship Program, which will help fill 20% of US entry-level roles at the company this year.
- Building community: Accenture is creating “omni-connected experiences” that transcend spaces and places to level the playing field so people can connect and contribute regardless of location. This year, Accenture’s 150,000 new joiners worldwide will come together via the “Nth floor,” Accenture’s enterprise metaverse, to learn about the company, network with peers and leaders, and experience Accenture’s culture in a meaningful and personal way. Accenture is also working to increase opportunity in its communities through initiatives like the Black Founders Development Program, which provides Black tech entrepreneurs with more direct access to venture capital, mentorship and connections to grow their businesses.
- Sustainability: Recognizing the role of organizations in environmental stewardship, Accenture has committed to reaching net zero by 2025. This effort includes planting 674,000 trees (one for each of Accenture’s people globally, as of December 2021); meeting office energy needs with 100% renewable electricity by 2023; and investing in nature-based carbon removal solutions that are projected to physically remove more than 13 million metric tons of carbon from the atmosphere over the next 20 years.
“This is a tremendous honor for Accenture and I want to thank our people for the critical role they play in making this company a great place to work,” said Jimmy Etheredge, Accenture’s CEO of North America. "We strive to create an environment where every one of our people feel seen, safe, connected and courageous. This guides not only how we treat one another, but how we serve our clients and how we support the communities where we live and work. We are constantly challenging ourselves to create greater opportunities for all, and it is deeply rewarding to see this recognition from our people.”
Accenture’s commitment to and focus on its people has generated significant recognition including: No. 1 in its industry among Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, the highest-scoring company on the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, No. 2 on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, No. 3 on the Refinitiv Diversity & Inclusion Index and 15 consecutive years on both Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.
To learn more about how Accenture’s people are creating positive change for their clients and communities, and to explore career opportunities, please visit the Careers site.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
# # #
+1 917 452 6561
Copyright © 2022 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture and its logo are trademarks of Accenture.
This content is provided for general information purposes and is not intended to be used in place of consultation with our professional advisors. This document refers to marks owned by third parties. All such third-party marks are the property of their respective owners. No sponsorship, endorsement or approval of this content by the owners of such marks is intended, expressed or implied.