PARIS and NEW YORK; May 11, 2016 – Efma members have until 12 May to vote for the first-ever Efma-Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards winners.
The Efma-Accenture Innovation in Insurance (I3) programme is a joint initiative that aims to identify the most innovative distribution and marketing projects by insurance companies across five continents.
The backbone of the programme is the I3 platform, which aims to highlight the insurance sector’s new challenges and showcase best practices worldwide. What makes the I3 programme unique is that this isn’t a commercial endeavour – it encourages recognition from industry peers.
“We’re creating a place where insurance companies and banks’ insurance subsidiaries will be able to showcase their innovations and get to grips with the latest ideas, technologies and strategies adopted by their peers,” explains Efma CEO Vincent Bastid.
Edwin VanderOuderaa, managing director, Accenture Digital, Financial Services, said, “Accenture is delighted to expand our relationship from working with Efma on the Banking Innovation Awards to include this joint initiative to foster innovation in the insurance industry, which is facing disruption at an unprecedented rate. We look forward to seeing how innovative insurers propose to address changing customer behaviors, new technologies and access to big data to help redefine their value proposition.”
For the initial awards this year, Efma received submissions of 224 innovations from 148 institutions in 37 countries. An expert panel has selected nominees for awards in five different categories, including:
Best Disruptive Product or Service
- AXA – RUOK
- Europ Assistance – Connect & Moi
- Servizurich – Zurich Spider SenseZ
- Telenor India – Telenor Suraksha (Free Life Insurance)
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance – Auto insurance for autonomous vehicle public road experiment
- Vak?f Emeklilik – Veplus
- Allianz France – Your expert is in the sky
- April International – Easy Claim
- Assicurazioni Generali – Generali qui per voi (Here for you)
- Bradesco Seguros – Operation disaster
- Covea – Covisioto
- Zurich Espana – Proactive Claims Management for customers into Digital Channel
Customer Experience & Engagement
- Assicurazioni Generali – GrabMe
- Credit Agricole Assurances Pacifica – e-depann’
- Desjardins Asurances Generales – Ajusto 100% Mobile Telematics
- Metromile – Street Sweeping Alerts
- Mondial Assistance France – Travel App - Voyage Zen
- MS&AD Insurance Group – IBM’s AI system introduction
Digital & Omni-channel Distribution
- Direct Seguros – eSpace
- First National Bank – Digitalising Funeral Insurance
- Haven Life – Entirely Online Purchasing Process for Term Life Insurance
- Ikano – Omifall Pregnancy and child insurance in co-operation with Children’s Ikea
- The Guarantee Company of North America – The Guarantee Gold Mobile App
- USAA – Digital Virtual Assistant
Global Innovator of the Year
- AIA Group
- Assicurazioni Generali
- Bradesco Seguros
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
The winners will be revealed during the Innovation in Insurance Awards ceremony at the Insurance Summit (www.efma.com/insurance16), which will take place in Milan, Italy on 9 June. All Insurance Summit participants and speakers will be invited to the exclusive ceremony. Participants will learn about the industry’s challenges and hear from many respected figures in a relaxed atmosphere, becoming part of a community of top insurers who are specialists in distribution channels, transformation, business development, innovation, strategy and more.
A global non-profit organisation, established in 1971 by banks and insurance companies, Efma facilitates networking between decision-makers. It provides quality insights to help banks and insurance companies make the right decisions to foster innovation and drive their transformation. Over 3,300 brands in 130 countries are Efma members.
Headquarters in Paris. Offices in London, Brussels, Barcelona, Stockholm, Bratislava, Dubai, Mumbai and Singapore.
Learn more at www.efma.com
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
+ 33 6 77 43 02 32
+ 1 267 216 1815