November 18, 2015
Accenture Named As a Leader in IDC MarketScape Worldwide Life Science Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategic Consulting Vendor Assessment
Second Consecutive Time Accenture Positioned as a Leader
NEW YORK; Nov. 18, 2015 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been positioned as a Leader for the second consecutive time in an IDC Health Insights vendor assessment covering strategic consulting across manufacturing and the supply chain in the life science industry.
The report, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategic Consulting 2015 Vendor Assessment” (#HI259357, October 2015), provides an assessment of life science manufacturing and supply chain market trends comparing major vendors against the criteria that are most important for life science companies to consider when selecting a service provider.
For the analysis, IDC MarketScape divided potential key measures for success into two primary categories: strengths and challenges. The assessment includes client references. After nearly 20 vendors in this space were evaluated, IDC Health Insights selected 15 vendors to participate in this assessment. Click here for graphic.
“Our life sciences practice understands that supply chain goals are focused on improving demand visibility, forecasting capability, inventory management, and distribution and supplier collaboration,” said Anne O’Riordan, senior industry managing director, Accenture Life Sciences. “We see a strong demand for our services given our strong life science-specific industry experience, and are pleased that IDC has positioned us as a Leader in helping life sciences companies achieve these goals.”
In naming Accenture as a Leader, the key criteria IDC considered includes:
- Breadth of life science manufacturing and supply chain services offered, depth of related project experience, and number of customers the vendor has served
- Geographical footprint and global delivery capabilities, level of priority and focus by the vendor on the life science manufacturing and supply chain sector, and the vendor’s pace of investment in related life science capabilities
- Life sciences’ industry expertise, corporate financial stability, and willingness to contract with clients under a risk/profit-sharing contract model
- Diligent vetting of customer references to examine vendor capabilities surrounding project management, IT technical skills, account management, and overall value delivery to clients
For purposes of this report, strategic consulting includes all process design, system design, platform design, system selection assistance, go-to-market strategy, management consulting, regulatory compliance consulting, enterprise technology strategy or transformation, and other types of related strategic services.
In 2013, the IDC MarketScape released similar vendor assessments in which Accenture was also positioned as a Leader in strategic consulting across manufacturing and supply chain in the life science industry.
In addition, Accenture has been positioned as a Leader in three other recent IDC Life Science MarketScapes. These are:
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Manufacturing and Supply Chain BPO 2015 Vendor Assessment (#HI259302, October 2015)
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Sales and Marketing BPO 2015 Vendor Assessment (#HI258820, September 2015)
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Sales and Marketing Strategic Consulting 2015 Vendor Assessment (#H1258970, September 2015)
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Sales and Marketing ITO 2015 Vendor Assessment (#HI258425, August 2015)
Click here to learn more about Accenture’s Life Sciences supply chain practice.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 358,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
# # #
+ 1 312 693 5992