Renesas to Outsource IT Applications Maintenance to Accenture
TOKYO; Dec. 14, 2005 – Renesas Technology Corporation, a leading developer, designer and manufacturer of semiconductors, today announced that it will outsource its IT applications maintenance to Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
As part of the seven-year agreement, Renesas and Accenture will form a joint venture that will provide application outsourcing services to Renesas. Renesas and its shareholders, Hitachi and Mitsubishi Electric, will collectively own 61 percent of the joint venture, and Accenture will own the remaining 39 percent.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Accenture can mobilize the right people, skills, and technologies to help clients improve their performance. With more than 123,000 people in 48 countries, the company generated net revenues of US $15.55 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2005. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
About Renesas Technology Corp.
Renesas Technology Corp. designs and manufactures highly integrated semiconductor system solutions for mobile, automotive and PC/AV markets. Established on April 1, 2003 as a joint venture between Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE:6501, NYSE:HIT) and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TSE:6503) and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Renesas Technology is one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world and the world’s leading microcontroller supplier globally. Besides microcontrollers, Renesas Technology offers flash memories, system-in-package and system-on-chip devices, Smart Card ICs, mixed-signal products, SRAMs and more. http://www.renesas.com.
+1 (917) 452 5519