January 08, 2014
Women at Accenture Grow to Number More than 100,000
NEW YORK; Jan. 8, 2014 – The number of women at Accenture continues to grow. The company announced today that a total of more than 100,000 women – 36 percent of its global workforce of approximately 281,000 people – now work across its offices and operations.
“Our commitment to inclusion and diversity at Accenture, including attracting, retaining and advancing women, is critical to being a high-performance business,” said Pierre Nanterme, Accenture chairman and CEO. “We strive to provide an environment and culture that develops leaders, empowers our people and enables them to advance.”
The company supports the career development and progression of its women through a number of programs and initiatives, including:
- Defining success. Your way. – a global women’s theme that encourages all Accenture women to create their own path to success
- International Women’s Day – an annual celebration in more than 200 locations of the U.N.-designated day which, this year, will focus on Knowing and Growing Your Career Capital
- Customized training – part of the company’s US$870 million annual investment in training, which offers courses such as Developing High Performing Women and Maximizing Performance: Women in Leadership
- Women’s Employee Resource Groups – more than 85 women’s networking groups in 32 countries, which help women build strong networks
- Accenture Women’s Network – a global internal portal that connects women across the company and provides education, tools, multimedia and discussions
“Our unique programs for women aim to support their career development and progression and help them thrive – not just in their careers, but also in their family and personal lives,” said Nellie Borrero, managing director, Global Inclusion & Diversity, at Accenture. “At the same time, these programs create a strong sense of belonging and pride in our company and drive collaboration and success.”
For additional detail on women’s initiatives at Accenture and the company’s broad range of Inclusion & Diversity efforts, including those for cross-cultural diversity, ethnic diversity, people with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees, visit www.accenture.com/inclusionanddiversity.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Through its Skills to Succeed corporate citizenship focus, Accenture is committed to equipping 500,000 people around the world by 2015 with the skills to get a job or build a business. The company generated net revenues of US$28.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2013. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
# # #
+ 917 452 6561